cold radiators

bertson

Hi;
Having had to get the circulation pump replaced at the weekend, we now have two cold radiators. All other are piping hot. I'm guessing it is air in the system somewhere, but i have tried bleeding all radiators, but no air came out.

Any suggestions welcome:)

Thanks
B

more than likely if no air came out, then the rads probably need to be balanced. You can do this yourself but if you can get the person who did the work to come back it'd save you a bit of messing around. I did it before and it involves tweaking the outlet valve (the other end of the rad to the temp control vlave) on one of the rads thats working and seeing if it has an effect of allowing the cold rad(s) to heat. e.g. by closing the outlet valve slightly on a working rad it may allow the heat to go to the cold one. Takes a little bit of time and patience though. I think the theory of it is that the working rads are taking too much of the heat and this is balanced out as described above.

Look here: [broken link removed]. this balancing issue has been covered before I think on aam. Try a search for related threads

Thanks a lot:)
I really cannot stand to get the plumber here again, he has been out 6 times since before Christmas - dont get me started.

Do in theory, if I switch off a hot radiator, then maybe the cold one will heat up?

Will give it a go:)

Turn off all the radiators except the 2 that remained cold. Do they get hot them?

Back