Coins for charity

Padraigb

[I'm not sure that this is entirely a non-financial question, but I don't see a more appropriate forum.]

I have a tin full of coins and a few low-denomination notes. It's an exotic mix, accumulated over the years: Irish pre-euro currency; out-of-date Sterling; French Francs, Italian Lira, various European currencies that are still in use, and a few bitsa this-an'-that. At a guess, I would say that the total value is about €200.

It would be more trouble than it is worth for me to seek to convert everything to Euros. I have a vague recollection that some charities were set up to deal with stuff like that. Can anybody suggest where I might donate it?

My preferences would be third-world development or aid for the homeless, but any good cause will be considered.

ISPCC:
[broken link removed]

ChernobylChildrens Charity:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=89275

Also found this on The Dublin People Noticeboard (from March 2010):
"OLD COINS: Irish coins or notes and small euro cents are needed for three charities including Haven (that build houses in Haiti); Children of Andes (for the street kids of Colombia) and Street league, the homeless Irish world cup soccer team. Collections can be arranged. Contact Brendan Flynn on 0868189888 or email goodidasales@ gmail.com"