coil pack gone on ford focus

R

rob25m

I think my coil pack is screwed on my 01 focus. my engine management light came on the last day and the car is spluttering and it feels like theres hardly any power.
i'm from donegal but i'm working in dublin this week, and i'm just wondering would it be ok to drive back to donegal without causin serious damage to the car???

This happened to me a few years ago with my 03 Focus. Took it to the local Ford garage and they had it fixed within the hour.

It happened again this week to my 06 Focus!! - brought it into Ford for a full service and they discovered that, as well as the coil pack, the Core Plugs needed replacing & coolant was leaking.

I'd have it looked at sooner rather than later as Towger says it will destroy the cat if left unchecked.

Get it fixed, it won't last the journey to Donegal and you will end up stranded somewhere.

The coil pack generally needs to be replaced every 60k miles or so (at least on the older Focus models).

I'll just have to look for a ford dealer on my way home tomorrow and get it fixed. Such a pain in the ass, if it had happened over the bank holiday i could have got it fixed no prob, but no it had to pack in when i got to dublin.. Typical!! Thanks for your help guys.

Back