Coffee spilled on laptop on the train...

shnaek

So I get on the train for the first time in two years. I end up sitting on my own in a four seater and I take out my laptop. Then this girl gets on, with a coffee, and sits opposite me. I catch sight of the coffee and wonder should I move my laptop, but surely I am over reacting. No. She knocks over the coffee within 10 seconds of putting it down, and it spills over the back of my laptop.

Luckily a woman across from me has a cloth and I wipe up the coffee. The laptop works for the duration of the journey so I am thinking - no harm done. But on Monday it stops working.

Gutted.

Oh dear.

All over the back though? Doesn't sound like it should have been a disaster...?

Looking at my HP here there are vents on the back , well what is really the bottom of the casing but at the back under the hinge so is it possible some of her macchiato-mocha-latte-chino got in there if you have similar vents? Might be a coincidence but you never know.

I know - you would think the back is okay. I thought it was. But yeah, the vents are there, and the heatsink for the graphics card and the cpu runs behind those vents. There was coffee congealed in part of the vent, which I cleaned out, but some must have gotten in. From what I am reading online it looks like the graphics card has taken the brunt, and considering I use the laptop for editing film, the graphics card is the thing I use most!

I may have to open it up and see if I can clean it. Hopefully that will do the job. But I'm sure opening the thing up won't be easy.