Codes for a car radio

sarahfleming

Fuse blew in my car. When new fuse was put in, radio keeps flashing looking for a code where can I get this code??

you can get it from the dealer which u bought the car from.
what make is ur car?

Fuse blew in my car. When new fuse was put in, radio keeps flashing looking for a code where can I get this code??

same thing happened to my old Peugeot - when I pulled the radio out the code was on the back of it.

if i am correct you need a special kit for removing the car radio.
waht make and model is your car?

There are 4 holes in the radio that allow clips to be pushed back.

Tools required wire hanger and a pliers.

Cut the wire hangers at the U bend big enough to suit the holes at each side of the radio.

Push in new radio removal tools (wire hanger bits) radio should pull out then.

If you get the replacement code get a permanent marker and write it inside fuse box cover or somewhere else easily remember. I got a shock recently when the car i was driving without a radio for 2 months had the radio code written on a label in the boot

on the older fiestas like your remove the ashtray completlely and you should find a white sticker on the underneath witha 4digit code if not ,switch on the radio and hold buttons 1 and 6 at the same time untill a number beginiing with moxxxxx comes up send me it and ill send you the code

Is that process (radio removal) likely to work on a Ford-KA2 built in CD player too (my g/f has the same issue)?

Try phoning up a local dealer for the model. Ask them if they can provide you with the code. That's what I did when I lost the code for the radio in my Peugeot.

Thanks ford jedi, will try that