Code for radio - Opel Astra SXI

tweety07

Looking to get code for radio as I need to take out the battery, rang nearby opel dealer but they said I'd need to call the county connected with my reg plate (it being Dublin). They also said the would need the serial number off the side of the radio (which is not easy for me to get............). They will also charge €23 to give me the code, is there any way I can get this code for free?

Looking to get code for radio as I need to take out the battery, rang nearby opel dealer but they said I'd need to call the county connected with my reg plate (it being Dublin). They also said the would need the serial number off the side of the radio (which is not easy for me to get............). They will also charge €23 to give me the code, is there any way I can get this code for free?

If you have access to a battery charger that charges via the cigarette lighter then have that set up while you remove the battery, hence no need for code as trickle power not interrupted to radio (hopefully :) ).

Just contact any main dealer, give them the unique chassis number and providing the radio is the original that came with the car they will be able to retrieve it from their system. Have had to this a number of times with a Renualt over the past few years.

Just contact any main dealer, give them the unique chassis number and providing the radio is the original that came with the car they will be able to retrieve it from their system. Have had to this a number of times with a Renualt over the past few years.

OP said in first post that he has already contacted main (Opel) dealer.

Thanks 2 all. No book with the radio, bought car second hand, did you get charged for getting the serial number "Tired Paul".

No charge. just explained the issue, they looked some database and rang back about an hour later with 2 codes. Googled how to input them to the radio and first one worked perfect. keep the code in a safe place in case you need again.

Does anyone know if you can get the chassis number from anywhere on the car as opposed to the log book which I don't have at my current address?

chassis numbers are in different places in different cars, but usually on a plate under the bonnet (over the rad), on the dash-board at the very bottom of the windscreen (you can usually see this from the outside) or under a flap in the carpet inside the drivers door.

Back