CoCo tarred lane leading to flooding of water wellheads - wells now badly polluted.

C

Curiously2

Thanks for opinions

Situation has gone legal, it is exactly what I explained water pollution falls under pollution act.
The laws government bodies enforce on citizens can be enforced on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you made a written complaint? You will need that before going to Ombudsman. Re the consultants, make an FOI or Data protection act request to see your records, that will help with ombudsman too. Go to EPA and the local Environmental Health Officer and ask if they have a role. Make all queries and comnplaints in writing. Get a solicitor involved if necessary. Where is this place?

Strictly speaking, you have 2 years to bring a claim for personal injury against the culpable party. You are now 3 years.

You probably need to discuss with a solicitor at this stage to see how you can try to get clean water.

Thanks for opinions

Situation has gone legal, it is exactly what I explained water pollution falls under pollution act.
The laws government bodies enforce on citizens can be enforced on them.

Would I be thinking along the right lines?

No, I dont think you are taking a sensible approach.

It would appear to me that the ground water is being polluted by the speading of slurry by the farmer accross the road.

If I were you I would consider the offer of the council to connect you up to the local group scheme. How much would this option cost each house holder? What is the quality of the water being provided by the Group Scheme?

BiN

Hi,I myself have been the leading force finding the problem the pollution and now the responsibility.
Be careful you do not left holding the baby when the messy brown stuff hits the air circulation unit.

Might be good idea to go to media as they bwill know what they can write and have access to legal advice. Take legal advice your self

It would appear to me that the ground water is being polluted by the speading of slurry by the farmer accross the road.

Has anyone sued the farmer?

As Binomial says it would seem that the bacterial contamination is coming from the slurry spreading, which is not necessarily illegal. Just tarmacadaming a lanewill not create bacteria. Bacteria getting into the groundwater that is feeding your well is more likely going underground rather than flowing across the lane, so I don't see why you are blaming the Council?

Agree with 1234 and Allen herre. Forget about the well. Get a piped supply.

If the water contamination is occurring all the time, as opposed to just during the slurry spreading season, it is likely to be coming from the septic tanks belonging to the houses.

Back