Cobh, Rushbrooke - Where should I buy ?, All advice welcome

J

Jimmy Mac

Hi all, Recently moved to Cork and considering buying a family home in Cobh / Rushbrooke, Is this a good area to buy ? Is there good facilities closeby ? What should I expect to pay for a 4 bed ?

I personally think cobh has gotten very rough. You're better off moving to somewhere like carrigaline or passage.They're going to be giving passage a whole new facelift within the next ten years and an EA friend of mine says it'll be like the new Rochestown. Carrigaline is getting a bit of a facelift also. There's a new Dunnes, Lidl, bowling place and cinema going in for starters and in a few years time there is going to be a whole new street with shops etc.

Cobh has gotten rough? Has it not always been like that? One thing to consider if the house is really in Rushbrooke as opposed to being in Cobh and playing around with the address then it's actually quite far from Cobh town centre itself.

purplealien is quite right Passage is improving a lot but calling it the new Rochestown is a little much in my opinion. It's similar to Cobh in that it has historically been quite deprived so is a little rough in that sense too and to be honest although it's being done up I can't think of a worse village in the country. It's filthy.

purplealien is quite right Passage is improving a lot but calling it the new Rochestown is a little much in my opinion.
Not now - in ten years time when it's all finished.

i agree. calling passge ,lower rochestown is a ploy to sell the new housing estate that is going up there and by the looks of it the ploy has worked and the prices have shot up..
on the Cobh/Rushbrooke note,i know some people living in Rushbrooke and are happy enough there.
have you tried Midleton or there are a few new esttaes ove in Carraigtowhill

I live in Cobh and while there are some dodgy characters around i rarely see or here of trouble in the town. it seems to have a bad reputation for some reason. there is a lot of development in rushbrooke. you could also try the east side of the town where there is a little less development, there are plenty of schools and a new leisure centre is about to open.