Cobblelock gone bad...

B

Barroness

Hi,
Just moved into new house where front is fully cobblelocked. Little did I know that "Low maintenence" actually meant "more trouble than it is worth"...

I need help- It wasn't done very well and there is moss and weeds growing up through it. Tried all manner of things- pathclear, pulling up the visible weeds, power hosing but no joy. (Power hosing was the best but when I tried to clean up the moss it dislodged, I was left with a muddy driveway.

Does anybody know of a company in Lucan/Clondalkin that can fix another person's bad job of cobble locking and can also clean it?
Or should I just get someone to imprint concrete the whole thing? If so- any recommendations?
Thanks!

Hi Barroness, we have cobblelock and use pathclear every 3 months and don't have any problems at all.

Is it possible that you're over-diluting the pathclear? Try removing all the weeds and moss before you spray / disperse the pathclear and see if it works.

The new path clear isn't half as good as the old pathclear(when it used be the red granules that is)
I assume they were ordered to change it as it was so lethal or something....with the old red granules pathclear it literally flattened vegetation overnight.

Baroness, don't use a power washer for starters- you will wash away the fine sand that's brushed between the joints to help the pavers to lock together. You can buy a powder weedkiller that's "dusted" over the affected area and it remains effective for up to 6 months. Then buy a bag of the sharp sand for brushing into the cobblelock and give the area a good going over with it.

dale farrell of hps cleans cobblelock in dublin,
hes phone number is 0868094552