CO2 emissions different on VRT website than on the V5C document

humblepie

Hi there,

Im looking at an Audi A6 in the UK. Its the Sline model of which there seems to be two options to select from on the VRT drop down list. One has emissions of 160g and the other has emissions of 169g. The emissions on the car's V5C/2 form states emissions to be 172g.
Can anyone tell me if the NCT 100% base the tax due on the revenue database (i.e 160 or 169) or will they always as a rule check the the V5C doc to ensure the absolute correct CO2 is taken (effectively stating that the database is not accurate). It matters in my case as the difference means a substantial increase in tax to be paid as 172 is in the higher CO2 bracket. Ive read a print out from their website will suffice? Any experience with this anyone?
Thanks

My understanding is that the CO2 stated on the documentation will be the figure that is taken for the VRT calculation.

The manufacturer stated figures can vary depending on the particular car. For example, auto transmission, engine output, different speed gearbox, larger wheels, run-flat tyres etc. can alter the CO2 figures. The exact car is checked for these variations when manufactured, especially in the case of Audi, Merc or BMW.

Last edited:
Back