CO2 cylinders

B

bes

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a CO2 cylinder such as used by welders/pubs etc.?

Cheers Dobber,

Unfortunately CO2 can't be shipped across borders so I'll need to find a supplier within Ireland. I did think of getting an empty tank sent but ran into issues with refilling.

Could try these guys

[broken link removed]

They seem to refill them they surely may know where you can buy one..

Good Luck

BOC Indusrial Gases, try them in the yellow pages. They supply gases to Hospitals, engineering works, factories and food service industry.

Thanks guys,

BOC weren't too keen on doing business with me once they found out I wanted to use it to carbonate and dispense a beer keg. They were quite happy to deal with me if I was using it for welding, even though it's the exact same gas bottle

In any case they charge ongoing rental for the bottle which was overpriced for my needs.

That IPT link seems like a good lead - I'll try them out and report back!

I wanted to use it to carbonate and dispense a beer keg.
[broken link removed] offer this type of equipment, but not sure on how competitive the prices are.

Might be worth chatting to a local pub or two if you have everything except the C02, I'm sure you'd find one who'd let you borrow one of theres (applying a slight markup on cost of course) provided you return the canister.