Clothes for animals

ney001

Hi all

I'm aware that clothes for animals have been around for some time - but I didn't realise how far we had gone until I saw a bride and groom outfit for dogs in a well know pet shop. Grooms outfit was 97euro - I am truly gobsmacked to think that there is a market for this in Ireland

Fools and their money
The pet owner could just have a badge made saying, “I’m a vacuous idiot” thereby getting the same point across to onlookers whilst saving their pets the discomfort of wearing clothes.

There was a couple of nitwits on Dragons Den last night looking for an investment in a designer dog clothing business.

Thankfully they were laughed off the show.

Ham Slicer said:
There was a couple of nitwits on Dragons Den last night looking for an investment in a designer dog clothing business.

Thankfully they were laughed off the show.
They should have been beaten off the set as well.

I just wonder though about these idiots - do they spend 97 euro on a morning suit for their dog just so they can wear it around the house or do they have little wedding ceremonies?. I also saw duffle coats and rain coats for dogs - are dogs the new barbie dolls I wonder?.

I was in a world famous department store in London recently and they had a whole department devoted to animals...It was like going into mothercare.

There is only one item of clothing (if you can call it that) which I would use for my dog and that is a rain coat type thing that goes around their bellies.
Our dod cannot go for walks when the ground is wet as she has a knack of splashing water and dirt up on her belly.....

Its nearly as bad as the handbag dogs. Saw two poor little things in handbags in a shop in London. All the assistants were commenting on the fact that the ladies in question had very rich fathers and would probably spend a lot hence the dogs presence in a clothes shop.

It seems that you can also have bridesmaids for animals too! I need a drink

[broken link removed]

All mutts should wear "doggles" in the summer to protect their eyes I'm told.

Whenever I see dogs in those silly outfits for some reason I always find myself wishing the dog would bite a good chunk out of the owner when they are putting it on.

We have hit a rich seem here! The site below brings a whole new meaning to taking your dog for a walk.

[broken link removed]=

Aside from the amusement value, I think it is immoral to spend so much money on dogs when tens of thousands of children a day are dying of stavation. I know that dogs meet a real emotional need for some people, but I wish they would channel it in another way. Its not that hard to find real live people who are just crying out for some love and attention.

You could be on to a money making scheme here, look how much they sell on Ebay for

[broken link removed]

Talking about handbag dogs........on a recent Ryanair flight the plane was on the runway ready to takeoff when it returned to the apron. Then the flight crew announced that the cause of the delay was that one of the crew spotted a tiny dog in the hand luggage of a couple on board the plane. The crewperson was telling people to put hand-luggage into thew overhead compartments when he was told no as "my dog would suffocate"! Now I assume that the dog went through security! scans on the way to the plane. The couple left the plane.... a police car arrived.....their luggage was removed from hold of the plane ......and we left without them. Dont know what happened after that. Doggone?

Is it that different from spending €500 on a tartan handbag?