Closing Market Prices

chippie1974

I was wondering if anyone knew any site where I could download the prices of the likes of the CAC, LSE, ISE, Dow etc. I can find numerous sites with graphs going back over the last 5 years but none with the actual closing prices and dates etc. The closest I have found is on google but that only has 20 days at a time so trying that for 5 years would take me weeks.

Anyway if anyone has this info or a link to a site it would be much appreciated.

Are you looking for actual stock market closing or share prices? For shares on Nasdaq, the Nasdaq site has the closing prices for as long as you want to go back (just look for an infoquote, go to the chart and click on it for the data behind it). Not sure for other shares.

Sprite

Sorry for the confusion, its not the actuals shares I want but the index closing price. Nasdaq is good for the shares and as you say all the data is there, however I want to find that for say the Nasdaq itself and they don't seem to have that.

Ok - a quick google on "dow historical closing prices" got me all the closing prices for that exchange at any rate - I just went back to 2002 to do a sample. Would imagine you'll get similar with similar searches on others indices.

Sprite

[broken link removed] has everything

I thibk you need to register (for free) first.

Onvce you have registered all you have to do is hiover over a graph to see the prices

Sorry for the confusion, its not the actuals shares I want but the index closing price. Nasdaq is good for the shares and as you say all the data is there, however I want to find that for say the Nasdaq itself and they don't seem to have that.

[broken link removed]

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=^IXIC and try the "download to spreadsheet" button at the bottom. Should take about 15 seconds.