Clontarf road

clann

Anyone any opinions on the clontarf road area up beside the bus depot. Thanks

I lived up near the Dollymount house for a year. It is a lovely area with the proximity to Bull Island a fantastic ammenity. Only drawback for us was the traffic on the coast road can be insane (particularly with fine weather in the summer).

The area there is called Conquer Hill, used to be a bit dodge 20 years ago, fine now and considered a good location.

The area there is called Conquer Hill, used to be a bit dodge 20 years ago, fine now and considered a good location.

Yeah, Conquer Hill had a bad name alright! It's a grand area though - nice brick houses close to the sea. No scumbags down there at all anymore - they've long since grown up! It's the generic glasshouse apartment complexes on the outskirts of the city where the new social problems are a breedin'! You'd be safe around Conquer Hill - just do some research in to flooding in that area - I think there is a risk...

Conquer Hill has improved but it is still by a long way the least gentrified part of Clontarf, I'd have no issues living there but it is far less upmarket than some of the other parts of greater Clontarf area.