Clonsilla Commuter Railway Service

bmclough

Long suffering Maynooth line commuters will have to wait a while longer for the new timetable which was scheduled for December.

[broken link removed]

Anyone have any more information??

Were you expecting more services on that line when the updated timetable was announced?

I would have thought that things won't improve until Spencer Dock opens in late 2007.

Have you tried www.platform11.org and the Commuting/Transport forum on www.boards.ie for more info?

I get that train from Coolmine - IR had said some time ago that in 2007 trains would start in CLonsilla / Coolmine Station (can't remeber which one) - that would mean the train is not packed like sardines by the time it got to these stations.

Specner dock will be operational in June 2007 - bear in mind that means a walk to Connolly for Southbound / other services.

I believed that there would be the addition of some extra services which would start at Clonsilla to help to ease the dangerous overcrowding that is happening on this line at the moment. I seen this as a temporary fix until Spender dock in 2007. Looks like this fix has been delayed by a month now.

The luas will link Spencer dock and Connolly eventually but not for a few years AFAIK.

One item that is not clear to me, is when spencer dock opens, will all Maynooth services run to here (i.e. will we effectively lose the existing services to connolly and Pearse.)

AFAIK, some Maynooth services will continue to use Connolly/Tara/Pearse (maybe Longford/Sligo?).

Indeed. Such is life. Would imagine we are talking 5 years before the Luas is extended-I don't even think that it has gone to Public Consultation at this stage.

The reason trains will not pass through Connolly Station is due to congestion - they cannot improve DART connections north / south unless train services from Maynooth direction are diverted away from Connolly to Spencer Dock.

Spencer Dock is a tempoprary station (planning permission s for 10 years only, although this could technically be renewed indefinitely). Through services will reconvene when the rail interconnector is completed in (wait for it) 2015 .

Just in time for the free travel.

I have emailed Joan Burton TD to see if she has any further information on the changes we will face over the next 6 months.

Response from Joan Burton

"Dear Brendan,
Thank you for your email. I recently held a Transport Meeting in Littlepace
which was attended by both Dublin Bus and Irish Rail.
It seems that the delay in the time table is not caused by the Maynooth
service. It is delayed until all the timetables for train services
throughout the country are ready. The new timetable will come into effect
on January 14th.
There will be no change in peak time services in January. There will be
additional services in the evenings from town after 9pm
The services on Sundays will increase to an almost hourly service in both
directions.
The increase in service will occur when the new Docklands station opens in
March when additional trains will be put in place to serve this station.
Irish Rail have said that this will not reduce the existing services but
will use additional stock.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Yours sincerely, Joan Burton TD."

They were testing the commuter trains there the other day, photos in Indo....so looks like they're getting there.....

Anyone one else have to endure the chaos this caused this morning? Spencer Dock train went half empty and the Connolly packed as usual.

And a 20 minute delay with no explanation as we sat on the train.

Was the new service flagged at Clonsilla station etc?