Clonliffe Road in North Dublin City - Safe or Not?

gomoveshift

Currently considering a move to the northside of Dublin & looking at various areas. Does anyone know what Clonliffe Road in Drumcondra (or is it Ballybough?) is like? Seems to be close enough to town to walk into the city centre but would it be safe to do so at night? Would there be a danger of muggings, etc? If anyone has knowledge of the area I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Cheers!

My sister lives there (the Ballybough end) and while she's had her car broken into a couple of times over the past 5/6 years she's never felt unsafe from a personal point of view.

It is a really handy place to live for town.

.. Clonliffe Road .. Seems to be close enough to town to walk into the city centre but would it be safe to do so at night?

Walking through Summerhill (between Ballybough end of Clonliffe Road, and town) and night would not be safe.

im orginally from North Strand near Summerhill and now living in swords, and all i'll say is i dont think it matters where you live as long as you take proper due care.. i wouldnt walk alone at night around swords never mind in town its just a safety issue unless i had the dog with me..my mam and dad live of the North Strand and its a very quite street they live on.. but i think Dublin anywhere can be unsafe./safe as you yourself make it.

The inconvenience of being locked in every time there is a GAA match or concert is probably the most significant thing to consider about Clonliffe Road.

At which point does Clonliffe start to become a bit dodgy? Think the place I'm looking at (haven't been out to view it yet) is near the North Strand, would that be ok? What'd be the best route into town from there?

Back