Clonliffe Road Drumcondra

Bean deas

Any ideas about this area? Is it very noisy or are many of the houses rented out. My sister is thinking of buying a house there but a number of people said other streets in Drumcondra would be quieter - although many houses are rented out to students. I just wondered if any of you have any opinions. Thanks!

I know it well.
Remember Clonliffe Road is loooooooong.
The top of it is Drumcondra, the middle is Clonliffe and the bottom is Ballybough but strangly everyone calls themselves Drumcondra. Hmmmmmmmmm

Loadsa students about and a lot of the houses are split into studios.
So yes, it's a high percentage of renters but I don't know why people get hung up about this.
But it's very quiet, you'll never even notice the students whereas you would if you were further up Drumcondra by St. Pats. I've never seen parking being an issue either and that's unusual in many parts of Dublin

Yes, matchdays happen but if you don't drive it doesn't realy affect you. And if you do drive you just get a pass from Fitzgibbon St garda station and you can enter and leave the cordon. Obviously 30-60 minutes before and after a match, this simply isn't possible.

Leaving aside matchdays, it's great. But which end of the street is this house at? There are no buses on Clonliffe Road, you need to go to Drumcondra or Ballybough
Anymore questions just ask

Last edited:
Back