Clonkeen road

DUB 28

Hi
Thinking of moving into the area around the college off clonkeen road.
From my research I think it is an okay area with relativley good transport links to town etc. Just wondering about the general area is it safe? have contacted the Garda station in deansgrange to ask were there many break ins and anti social behaviour but didnt really get an answer.
thanks in advance

Its a fine area.You will have many excellent schools from Clonkeen college itself to Hollypark primary sch,lorretto foxrock etc.
excellent bus routes, supervalu on the corner,deansgrange library,foxrock church.
Frascati and superquinn a short bus ride away.
Dont know about crime/break ins etc,but i know someone who lives there and have never heard about any problems.

Meadowvale is a fine place to live - you have the tennis courts just beside you, Cornelscourt just up the road - library and bank down in Deansgrange - Mackintosh Park is just across the stream off Pottery Road and that is a very old established estate. All in all, think you would be very happy here.

Seems to tick all the boxes as far as I am concerned as well. You'd be hard pushed to find somewhere in south Dublin with better facilities. All it's missing is a Dart station close by - but that is being extremely picky when it is so well served by buses and shops sse by. I've seen some young people from the school at Clonkeen hanging around the filling station and there seems to be a lot of graffiti around. I dunno if this will have any affect on where you are buying but it is worth bearing in mind if you are near the school or the filling station. Other than that, I think it is one area that doesn't have too many dodgy spots beside it at all. Bakers Corner is the closest question mark area and that is a fair distance away.

I've seen some young people from the school at Clonkeen hanging around the filling station

I work in the area and have come across this many times. My solution is to drop the shoulder and their skinny teenage frames scatter away from me like skittles :D.

Many of my colleagues live in this area and there is no specific crime or anti-social behaviour. And, as other posters have already mentioned, it is well served by lcoal amenities.

I work in the area and have come across this many times. My solution is to drop the shoulder and their skinny teenage frames scatter away from me like skittles :D.

I used to go to clonkeen myself and certainly back then we very much weren't allowed visit said service station during school hours (even at break).
So don't bother even going to the effort of dropping the shoulder (it wouldn't be fair anyway, it's not a rugby playing school and they wouldn't know how to deal with it ;) ) just give the school a buzz and give them a heads up that a few of their scholars are hanging around!! (the teachers used to do spot checks from time to time anyway)

Seriously though (for the OP). It's a decent area. Plenty of stuff close by. And as was previously posted , a good choice of schools and transport links. I think it's busy enough (car wise) around deansgrange these days as there is an aldi there now and around the corner on pottery road there is a lidl. (so the route from cornelscourt to blackrock via the cemetry can get a bit busy)

Back