Clonkeen Estate, off Pottery Road, Deansgrange

Carmel

Hi
We are looking at a house in the Clonkeen estate off Pottery Road, just down from Bakers Corner in Deansgrange. The location would really suit us commute wise. The estate looks quite well maintained.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of living in the area? What primary schools are nearby and recommended? Any problem areas?

I did a search and a simliar question was asked in 2006, but no-one answered.

Any comments on this appreciated.

You should take a good long walk around the area to assess what it's like. There is a council estate next to you at Mackintosh park and another at Bakers corner between abbey road and kill avenue.

These estates seem quite settled now. There is a park behind you hidden behind the church at deansgrange. There is a pedestrian entrance to it from clonkeen estate. This is also the short cut to the shops.

The local primary schools include: 'Educate together' non-religious school on kill avenue ( almost impossible to get a place unless for a newborn), the C of I school at deansgrange church (hard to get into for catholics) hollypark catholic school off Kill Lane (OK school), our lady of lourdes school, rochestown ave (tiny school).

HI Carmel, well my sister leaves across the park in meadowvale and sometimes at night there have been quite groups of teenagers drinking but these could be from anywhere, the area is lovely, and i know the clonkeen college has very good name as well, just follow your instincts on it, and best of luck with it

I asked the question in 2006 but didn't end up buying there.
Bought off elsewhere in the area but would still be in the park behind Clonkeen the odd time - never saw any issues.
Schools were mentioned before.
46A is a great bus route.