Clonee to Swords - journey time / best route

D

dublin1969

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions as to quickest way to Swords from Clonee.

don't want to travel N3 then M50 as its normally bedlam in the mornings on the N3.......

Any back roads recommended ?

I'm starting a new job in Swords so want to try and find best route by car.

thanks.

How about,

Clonee to Ratoath( N3 but going the opposite direction to Dublin traffic),take the Ashbourne road out of Ratoath. at the roundabout at the N2 junction take the Swords road. This will take you straight into Swords. The roads are a bit twisty but generally ok.

I've done Ratoath to Swords in under 30 mins on this route, travelling from the village centre to Airside business park.

How about heading in the N3 and cut off to go through Mulhuddart, past Tyrellstown and straight over at the roundabout at Hollystown, then turn right onto the old N2. At Kilshane cross you can then go around the back of the airport towards Swords. That route is not as busy as it was because the new N2 has taken a lot of traffic away.
I live in Ratoath and if I'm going to Swords I head through Ratoath village and out to the big new roundabout and straight over to Swords. I have done that trip in about 15-20mins in the morning and there's very little traffic.
Avoid the N3 and M50 route - it would take ages.

thanks for that...i will try both routes....i reckon the m50 would be pretty bad in the morning and worse in the evening....

Ssh, sure you don't want everyone going that way!!! Either of those two suggestions I would suspect be far better than the dreaded M50.

i drive to the airport every day , i leave clonee at 8.15,, i go through damastown ind est, up by the graveyeard when u take a left at the top of damastown, up past Google ( blanch corporate park) and take a left at the roundabout there, i come out at the roundabout at dolly heffernans, tgo staright through to the new road there ( that by passes all the ind estates) and take a left at that next roundabout ( TPN house is on ur right) drive to the end of that windy road and your at kellys timberyeard.head to the airport from there and pass kealys pub and your in swords in 5 mins fom there, total journey time: 35 mins. i know the schools are off at the moment but the only place this affects is the top of damastown ind est as theres a scholl up there so u need to be past that by 8.15 or else theres a huge tail back.

i also head through finglas ( follow all directions above expect go straight at teh TPN roundabout) down by cappagh hospital,left just before teh big church ,follow road around and take a left at the traffic lights at the fire station, this brings u onto the north road left up by lidl and this brings u out near the airport

M50 in the evenings is actually fine, busy but moving, just a bit congested at the finglas exits becuase of joining traffic but its the only way i go home takes between 40mins to an hour, depending on traffic at the blanch slip road

H2H but IMO these are the quickest ways