Clondalkin Village

birdy

I am currently buying an apartment near Clondalkin Village. I am wondering if anybody cycles to the city centre, if so, is it an easy cycle. I work in Thomas street so it is the same side of city. At the moment I walk in & don't really want to loose the exercise element of my day, I have cycled from Kimmage to Blackrock in a previous life, which would be a slightly longer distance I think.

Am I completely mad to even think about cycling.

what part of the village are you buying in? There are some dedicated cycle lanes but not all the way into the city

Millpark, just beside the Mill Shopping Centre, it is good to know that there is some cycle lanes. I think I would also have the option of walking to Red Cow and getting luas from there, anything to avoid being stuck on buses going nowhere!

from mill park there is a dedicated cycle lane on the Nangor road (directly behind Mill park development) to the junction of Naas rd/Long mile road.

The cycle is fine from Clondalkin, and the easiest way to get to town. The village to baggot st is 35 mins, 40 min back( a small bit uphill).

I forgot to add that I calculated that nearly 10 minutes of my 35 min cycle into work was spent waiting at traffic lights!

The journey to Thomas Street would then be very do-able, I think. The cycling gear will definatly be coming out.
From memory waiting at traffic lights is probably the worst part of cycling along with motorbikers in the cycling lane. Thanks for all assistance.