Clonakilty in Cork - what's it like?

B

bluebean

Hi all,

I'm thinking of heading to Clonakilty in Cork for a few days later this month. Just looking for advice on what to do while I'm there! I'd like to go horse-riding, so if anyone could advise me where the best place to go is I'd really appreciate it.

Also, has anyone ever stayed in the Quality Hotel in Clonakilty? I'm leaning towards staying there as it has a swimming pool which I want and also the rate is pretty good (179 for 3 nights b&b, plus 2 dinners). But if anyone has any other suggestions then please let me know!

Many thanks

BB

Clonakilty

I stayed there last new years. They have hotel and also apartments. We stayed in the apartments which were small but lovely.

The hotel was really good. It had an oldish bar, but it served the purpose and served really good bar food. The reception is huge.

They also have a really nice swimming pool. It is plenty big and total seperate area for kids. Also a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. They have games room, but it basically just has a pool table and table tennis table.

There is a cinema on the grounds.. Never went though.

The hotel is about 1 mile far side of the town. We did not find a lot there, but it was miserable weather around then, so we stayed put basically.

I'm sure therer will be laods to do, one thing is for sure you'll like the hotel.

Clonakilty

Clonakilty is a great town. Very good pubs and restaurants. Incheydoney is beautiful - where Bertie & co were this week. Couple of places do very good food.

Clon

Don't go there without trying An Sugan - pub/restaurant. Best pub grub in the south I reckon.

Back