Clogged fridge

wishbone

Hi there - technical wrt fridges I ain't, so pardon my description. At the back of the fridge there's a drainage hole, and on a somewhat regular basis it starts to fill up with water, so to date, I have unclogged it with a cotton bud (shoving down the hole) and the water drains away. However now this does not seem to be working, I've tried a chopstick, but it's too fat, and also I don't want to push in too hard in case I puncture something. Any ideas? It's probably bunged up with food or mould particles or whatever, but I need to clear it as the water is dribbling down the back of the fridge and onto the floor. Thanks for any suggestions.

Actually it would appear that the cotton bud did work and the water has drained away...pipe cleaners would probably have been a good longer version of a cotton bud I'd expect...

Sorry wishbone I got distracted earlier and had meant to post a link to this previous thread for you. There are some further hints to help out with this problem.

Open a wire clothes hanger it usually does it for me. The water evaporates from the heat of the compressor motor when you free it up

Back