Clearwire Broadband

think it depends on where you are, mr truthseeker had it in one area of dublin and it was fine, he then moved and the connection just kept dropping so he cancelled it.

Heard similar experience from friend in south city- they even had problems cancelling! Are they related to some phone company or how does it work?

No its a wireless service. They are very similar to Irish Broadband as in they way they operate. The service usually isn't great but as the last poster said it does depend on the location. If you are located very close to one of their access points or if the access point you are connected to doesn't have a lot of people on it then the service can be a lot better.

Clearwire offer a very bad service in terms of broadband connection and was a nightmare to close account. Insisted on getting confirmation in writing which is ridicuous in this day and age. I said I would not and expected them to close account and assumed was done - long story - it wasn't and then I was billed for few onths even though wasn't using the service.

Caveat Emptor.

With Smart now and much better service and customer service.

Back