Clearing US Immigration

Thirsty

My youngest is taking part in a tour to Florida soon (isn't it true the youngest is always spoilt! :)) he has his ESTA, passport etc.,

However I found out last night that they won't be clearing Immigration in Dublin, but will have to do it when they land in the US.

It occurred to me then that the passport has a very cute photo of a 10 yr old who is now a fine big 17 yr old. (I got a 10 yr passport at the time) and of course the 'signature' is very neatly printed in best handwriting.

Getting a replacement passport will be an easy matter once they are 18 and can sign themselves; but until then replacing it would be a pain (long story). (Which is why I was delighted to get a 10 yr passport before that loophole was closed.)

Does anyone think this is likely to be a problem with US immigration?

I cant see why it would be a problem aslong as the passport is in dates and surely you can still tell its the same person, besides evryone changes in that amount of years be they 17 or 70

Don't think is should be a problem as per above post. If he has a driving license though I would make sure he brings it as it is an official document will have similar personal details and a newer picture.

Back