clearing bad credit rating

C

confused123

other half had credit card revoked in 2002. We now want to get a mortgage together. I have mortgage already but need joint income as I can't borrow enough for house we want. He was in a bad place at the time generally and did a credit check on himself recently and this is on it. He rang CC company to get balance & was told that when he sent cheque in to call back & they'd SEE about taking this off his record. He has done this but has never been able to talk to a real person and keeps getting vmail.
Has anyone here ever been able to remove bad history or was this one leading him up the garden path.
Will be five years at end of summer so are we best waiting til then. He has had loans since then and no probs getting them. Dunno what to do for best.
Any info much appreciated.

I think your post is too far down the queue for anyone to post any replies to it. I'm doing so as I am in a very similar position. I recently requested a report from the ICB. They have records of missed payments, the last one dating back to 2003. Is it true that the slate is wiped clean after 5 years or is this just a myth?

'The ICB holds information about borrowers and their loans for 5 years after the loan is closed.'

However, if you have not paid off a loan and it is still outstanding, it is not closed.

[broken link removed]

Thanks for clearing that up for me (although it wasn't what I wanted to hear). I've cleared one of the loans and am still paying off another which was passed onto a solicitor some time ago and it's the solicitor I'm paying now. So I'm basically screwed ! Does anyone have advice on any hope their might be for me getting a mortgage within the next twelve months? How can I redeem myself. I know I've got to pay off the remaining loan - there's no getting away from that. It just seems now that although I've never been earning so much in my life, that it's all a waste of time. I feel so depressed about this. Is there light at the end of the tunnel. I have contacted MABS for help!