Clearing algae on patio and roof slates

Carnmore

Can anyone recommend a pour-over liquid to clear algae (no pressure washing)?

For a small roof and patio area.

Can anyone recommend a pour-over liquid to clear algae (no pressure washing)?

For a small roof and patio area.
I have used Wes-Chems Fungi Buster to remove moss and green discoloration from footpaths and slates before with good results. No affiliation to company.

More often than not we use the power hose (even Mrs Lep is good with this) but we use Jeyes Fluid from time to time. Not only does it rid the patio of algae, it keeps our neighbours' cats away from leaving their unhygienic smelly dumplings in our flower beds. t

For the roof I'd use a paint scraper; two (probably ideal size too) can be bought in Dealz for €1.50

I use Mosgo in a knapsack sprayer. Follow instructions, spray it on and forget. Works a treat.

There are multiple products but they aren't a 100% solution. Powerhosing patio is best and environmentally friendly, Epsom salts and vinegar works and is environmentally friendly. But be careful it kills everything and is a pet deterrent.
For roof a strip of copper, not cheap, will work, place where slant on roof begins, there must be some fall otherwise your roof would fill with water.
Again Epsom salts and vinegar.

Epsom salts can be replaced with rock salt but its very toxic to wildlife.

These are non chemical ideas, I garden organically its twice the work but better results.

Thanks for all the replies. I got some of this and have yet to use it [broken link removed]

I tried a few things. A woodies path clear thing, jeyes fluid and various other bleach things soaked in. Scrubbed. Power hosed. Nothing gets off some of the black lichen stuff off my sandstone. Pain in the ass.

I have silver granite slabs on patio. I've powerhosed a few times but I can't seem to get the sparkle back they were gorgeous when they went down reflecting the light. Just look like gray paving slabs - any suggestions for this?

Back