cleaning upvc windows of cement dust

NOAH

Is there any surefire method of cleaning cement streaks from the outside of upvc windows?? the streaks were caused by the recent heavy rain and i laid some timber over a newly installed bay but builder did not put on roof structure for 3 days and i got caught with the heavy rain, the wood i used had cement on it and the heavy rain diluted it so it ran down side of windows, left long streaks and has now hardened, builder is smug as he did not put up the pieces of wood. Its a fairly large bay window.

thanks

noah

Theres a pink spray we got to remove this kind of thing from PVC windows, I'll check the name of it if noone else knows but it was just from Woodies or somewhere like that.

thank you, i think theres a woodies in limerick and i am going there wednesday.

noah

There is no Woodies in Limerick, we do have a B&Q, Homebase and a Atlantic Homecare as well as a couple of co-ops. B&Q would probably be the best to try..

thanks, i will try all three, all i need is the name of that pink spray!!

noah

I.m glad posted because i did mot make it clear in my post the cement streaks are on the glass on the outside as well and have dried in!! apparently cement can burn into the glass and u know who will not replace foc.

noah

Pink stuff - not sure it will work but its worth a try. Its called Power Formula UPVC Cleaner and its by ETTORE. They say its for the frames of PVC windows so not sure it'll take the cement off the glass. Might be something even better out there by Hagesan - they make powerful cleaners. Good luck.

For the glass, use a glass scraper - it's a special holder with a stanley knife blade inside. It'll gently remove anything from glass.

i'll check that out but i cant see my other half near glass with a potential scraper!!

noah

There is a cheaper solution (literally) to your problem- regular household white vinegar will remove cement based stains from most surfaces- great for removing groutstains from tiles and cement burns etc from timer and PVC.