Cleaning leather suite

onway

Got a new leather suite and am looking for something to keep it looking good - would like something natural,if possible. Bought a pack of leather wipes but there is such a chemical smell off them, I think I will throw the out.....

when i bought my couch... i was give a box of leather cleaning creams and buffs.... all finished now so will have to buy it again.. was really good and made the couch look new again. firms up the leather and gives a nice shimmer. i remember seeing it some good furniture shops. cant remember what it was called though. . i 'll buy some over the weekend and will put the name of it up later on.

Try a solution of water and Dove moisturising soap cleans and nourishes the leather at the same time

Would saddle soap be a more suitable product, works great on leather bags, jackets etc.

saddle soap is great but of you cant find it go to a motor factors and get Zymol or AutoGlym leather cleaner and then use a cream to soften the leather.
I use Autoglym proiducts on my cars seats every few months to restore them and keep them in top condition

Saddle soap is pretty cheap too though and you can get it at any decent leather goods repair shop. Has a nice smell too!

Aldi have packs of leather wipes for 1.99 - pack of 36 I think. They contain Lanolin

Baby wipes do clean leather very well but over time they can actually destroy the leather so beware..

I.C

Baby wipes do clean leather very well but over time they can actually destroy the leather so beware..

I.C

Thanks for that. The guy in the shop advised me to use them but I did it once and found it too messy and time consuming. Glad my laziness served me well in this instance!;)

There is also a spray Leather Shoe Polish (Tesco's, Dunnes ) - I use that and my suite comes up a treat..

Back