Cleaning Leather Sofa

killester

Moved into new houese before Xmas and bought leather sofa. Have been tiling over the past week and sofa has got very dusty. Any recommendations on whats best for cleaning a good leather sofa?.

Many thanks.

killester said:
Moved into new houese before Xmas and bought leather sofa. Have been tiling over the past week and sofa has got very dusty. Any recommendations on whats best for cleaning a good leather sofa?.

Many thanks.

Don't use any cleaning products on leather as some dry out the leather leading to it cracking anything like wipes with alcohol in them is a big no no.
When is comes to an expensive leather suite try ordinary luke warm water first with a soft cloth if that fails then try the cleaning product route there are a lot of them for leather suites on the market maybe whereever you bought the suite will supply the correct cleaning product for you.

Good Luck

I remember hearing one time that baby wipes were good for cleaning soft leather.

don't know if its wise or not but I've been spraying a bit of Pledge polish on a cloth and wiping down the sofas and they come up great. by the look of it this actually hyrdates them as opposed to drying them out, and they get less dusty as a result...maybe time will tell if this is a smart move or not

I could expand on the "baby wipe" fix by saying that I was told this by a lady who swore by them for cleaning her leather trousers! Has to be worth a try (on the sofa, cleaning the sofa that is!)

I bought a leather suite earlier this year and got a free cleaning kit that also has a stain remover with it. It's brilliant and really takes out stains. My daughter marked it with a pen and I just used this stick over it, cleaned it and it was gone. I got the suite in Reids and I think they sell the kits separately. I wouldn't take any risks with chemicals. The leather suites are expensive, you don't want to ruin it. Hope this helps. !