Cleaning hand marks off car

Squonk

Hello, I have a silver-blue ("Steel Grey") Octavia. I have several hand marks on the doors for a long while which I can't get off. I have obvioulsy tried washing and scrubbing and I've also tried oil to remove them...all to no avail. I'd guess that the hand marks are greasy. Any ideas?

Have you tried T-Cut? Halfords will set you straight! Might be difficult to get your exact colour though.

I recal a prev post there where someone have a similar prob of handmaeks caused by suncreams ...soemone recommended wiping a cloth soaked in petrol

Have you tried T-Cut? Halfords will set you straight! Might be difficult to get your exact colour though.

Be warned that T-Cut, is abrasive. It cuts into the paint finish and should only be used to reduce the appearance of light scratches.

what's the hand marks from (..maybe people bent over laughing at you buying a Skoda? ;-) just kidding of course)

I dunno where the handmarks came from.....what ninsaga suggests re. suncreams is a definite posibility...or to Massey's point , maybe the handmarks came from me having to push my Skoda ;-) (also, only kidding...of course!)

I'd try car wax. If that didn't work I would try white spirit then wheel acid. Be carefull though it can stain plastic trim. Maybe even fade the paint work.

Sounds like the chemical in the hand cream (or what ever) has reacted with the laquer coat. Wash it down, wipe it with a rag with a bit of petrol on it. Wipe off any residue. Let it dry. Wax it. Buff it. If it's still there live with it. T-Cut or anything else abrasive will leave you with more damage than you already have.

ya chemicals destroy the paint...i use a microfibre cloth and glove from enjo.ie
Works very well with only cold water -no chemicals.