Cleaning Conrete Driveway

tosullivan

I want to go at my concrete driveway this weekend and the paths around my house as they have darkened over the years and there is also a mildew buildup on the back of the house paths.

I know you can buy all these products like Jeyes Fluid or Path cleaners and some people suggest pressure washers, but I was hoping to use products that are not as toxic as these ones. I also don't fancy standing about for hours with a pressure washer, pouring gallons of water over my drive.

I've heard of something called Oxygen Bleach which is not harmful and works by just adding to warm water, pouring on the concrete, letting it sit for 10 mins and brush it in and then rinse off with a hose.

I imagine its something similar along the lines of that stuff you get for the washing machine (Oxy Action powder), but just in a stronger concentration.

Any ideas where I can get it?

If you go to the Co-Op & get a 5 gallon drum of Chloras( farmers use it for cleaning the inside of milking machines )
Put it down on the paths ( diluted with water) they come up very clean.

Then brush & hose down your paths or power wash them.
It does not burn the grass if it comes in contact with it.

I wouldn't power wash it. Did my own a few years ago. It doesn't clean the path/drive. It lifts off the top layer of concrete and exposes the aggregate underneath and then you'll have to do it year after year.