Cleaning a Barbeque

Bosshog

Howdy

anyone have any tips on cleaning the grill & plate on a gas BBQ.
the build up of stuff on it is very hard to clean off.
Is there a particular product on the market or does anyone have any secret magic tips?

and yes, i know it should be cleaned after every use, but im usually rather drunk by that stage!

thanks

Mr. Muscle oven cleaner is pretty good. Its a mousse that you spray on leave for 20 mins or so and grease just wipes off.

A wire brush, brillo pads and elbow grease work for me-if there is an easier way I would love to know it too!

sandrabing said:
Mr. Muscle oven cleaner is pretty good. Its a mousse that you spray on leave for 20 mins or so and grease just wipes off.

Does this work for the grill?

I'd 2nd Mr. Muscle (or presumably other, similar) oven cleaner - we've a gas BBQ too.

Just make sure you rinse it all off well!

A rotary wire brush in a pistol drill is your only man for the grill.

Fire up the BBQ and cut half an onion. Using a long-fork brush the grill with the onion. It is a perfect solution. My friend from South Africa told me about it gets the grill really clean. I was surprised with how well it worked.

Here's a really good tip for cleaning oven and grills of any kind:

For wire racks and grills- place the rack inside a plastic bag or on some cling film, spray with oven cleaner and seal the bag or drape over with the cling film. The plastic film will stop the cleaner from drying out and if left to work overnight it should remove most of the grease without too much scrubbing.

For ovens: spray cleaner liberally on base of oven, cover with cling film and leave to work for a few hours or overnight, as above.

I give my grill and plates a very very hot bath and it takes care of most of it. Now does anyone know how to clean a bath full of charred steak and greasy deposits.

Fire up the BBQ and cut half an onion. Using a long-fork brush the grill with the onion. It is a perfect solution. My friend from South Africa told me about it gets the grill really clean. I was surprised with how well it worked.

Makes you wonder what it would do to your insides if you ate the onion instead....

Clean a BBQ??

Remains of last gives the next one more flavour (if you don't leave it too long). A 5 minute burn on high flame before starting sould kill anything dangerous (except toxins of course )

Clean a BBQ??

Remains of last gives the next one more flavour (if you don't leave it too long). A 5 minute burn on high flame before starting sould kill anything dangerous (except toxins of course )

A man after my own heart!