Cleaner prices

stillathome!

Hi,

I am was wondering if anyone had a rough idea of what a cleaner would cost for a once off thorough cleaning of a new one bed apartment (1 bedroom, bathroom and kitchen/living room).

It is a bit dusty after the builders but not too bad.

Thanks

Based on personal experience of employing cleaners, I would say that 3 hours would be more than ample to clean your place, no matter how dirty it is. For that you should expect to pay €35 to €40 - possibly more in Dublin or if you use an agency.

mct1, is that €35 - €40 the total for the 3 hours or per hour, assuming it's not an agency?

That's the total. I could be wrong but I can't see the job costing Stillathome more than €50 even in Dublin. We paid our last cleaning lady €35 a week for 3 hours and she cleaned 9 0r 10 rooms in that time. That was last year and it was more than most people paid her. As I say, Dublin rates may be higher, but even then, €50 sounds plenty to me, especially if it's mainly dusty and not very dirty.

Thanks for that.

I was quoted €75 for a standard clean by an agency but was a bit afraid that as it's a bit dusty and grubby from the builders that they'd require more than the standard clean.

I was also quoted €375 by a company for a once off new property clean!! Nearly dropped the phone.

A sister of a friend of mine used to be a cleaner for a company and got €16 to €20 ph and she has said she'd do mine. The girl hasn't mentioned money but I want to pay her something but had no idea what.

Think I'll offer €50 and say if it is longer than three hours I'll give a bit more.

Hmm. €375 you say? I'll do it for €350 - be round later.

I was thinking they misunderstood a one bed apartment for a one hundred bed house at that price!

Safe to say that I would rather pay myself that to clean!

thanks.

Don't think you'd get a one off clean for £35-£40. Ok if thats a weekly rate but a one off clean is different - €75 sounds more like it