Classic Novels

dodo

I have not read many novels thus far(about 25 in total) I wanted to read more as I have more time on my hands due to been on the scratch.So I joined a library
in the last 3 weeks I have read the Godfather (loved it) Catcher in the rye (loved it) and To kill a mocking bird(loved it)

I got these from doing a search of must reads on the net. Now I have the bug and really want to read more of the classic's, I know there is a list of 100 best novel's etc on the net but would also like an input from AAM.

Anything from Charles Dickens is normally a good read. Bram stokers dracula is pretty good.
If you didn't read George Orwell at School then Animal farm is quick read and entertaining.

Stay away from anything too heavy for now.

Ken Kesey, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (good fillum too with Jack Nicholson)

Joseph Heller, Catch 22 (lousy fillum with Art Garfunkle)

Spike Milligan, Puckoon and pretty much anything else he wrote (poems, scripts, autobio, etc)

Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman, At Swim Two Birds, The Dalkey Archive and pretty much anything else he wrote (newspaper articles, letters, etc)

Lord of the Rings - that will keep you reading for a while !!

Just another suggestion - Shadow of the Wind

Chickenhawk (true story about helicopter pilots during the Vietnam war) is another good read

Pelham 123

Back