ClareHall

burger1979

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone lives in Clarehall and their experience of it? i am going to look at a house there and its located in a cul de sac. the cul de sac is located at the donaghmede roundabout end. i know from going around the entrance of the estate that there are a few kids hanging around the spar but at that end there doesnt seem to be that many.

thanks in advance for the replies.

burger1979

Hi Deedee,

no we are still looking in navan as well. we are looking in and around raheny/donaghmede/clarehall/coolock as well. lots of choice out there at the moment so trying to get to see a good few. the house we are looking at is really well presented etc. but friends of ours didnt purchase there as they think that kids hanging around the area could be a problem at a later stage. i dont think that it could be too bad but just wanted to see other peoples opinions.

burger

Ah I see (sorry was being a bit nosey there ) It was disappointing that you lost out some money on the house in Navan but sure at least you get to keep your options open for a while longer. Best of luck! Hopefully you'll get some answers to this thread soon enough. I know that when we bought our house last summer, internally it wasn't great compared to what we could have gotten elsewhere for our money but we just had real gut feeling about the estate and it has worked out great. If there are teenagers in an area they will always hang out somewhere (usually the local shops), sure we did it ourselves so I wouldn't let this put you off too much, unless you see signs of some real antisocial behaviour.

My Sis in law lives in Clarehall and has done for the last ten years. She loves it and never has any problems. it is quite a young estate so expect lots of kids, which is a good thing if you have any yourself.

I live beside clare hall, i haven't had any problems lately. Its very handy (loads of buses now), near Dunnes & Tesco and there is a superquinn opening in clongriffin during the summer.

The only link i don't like about the area is the lack of a decent local!

hi all thanks for all the replies. we went to see the house and it was nice. we are going away next week and have a few more viewings before we go then when away we will think it over and make our decision then about where to bid/buy etc. etc.

and deedee dont be sorry for being nosey its a forum for q's.

thanks,

burger1979