Clane

Ballyman

Hi

I'm looking to buy a house in the Clane area. Anyone got any advice on where to look? What kind of a village is Clane etc??

Thanks.

hi there, well i pass through it each day and find that traffic is heavy i and around it. There is no train line either, although there is one from sallins a few miles away.

I was out there on saturday and found the traffic to be fairly heavy also although it does move along pretty quickly.

Whats the going rate for a 3 bed semi in Clane? There doesn't seem to be much on myhome for sale there at the moment.

Is there a nightlink from bus eireann out to Clane at the weekends?? How long does it take?

Hi,

my sister and her boyfriend moved to Clane last year, she paid 289k for a 3 bed semi with attic conversion and conservatory, similar house on her road w/o conservartory and attic conversion went for 320k recently.

They love the village, some decent pubs....Jones' and Manzors are 2 they like, it also has some nice restaurants, the Zest Cafe is good.

Cant tell you much about the commute as neither of them work in the City centre, as the previous poster said, traffic can be quite heavy but seems to move quickly.

There is no nitelink, the nearest one would be Maynooth, i think.

Taxi wise, its about 50 quid if you can find a taxi driver to take you out that far, my sister tends to stay with us if she goes out in town.

Hope that helps.

depending on where you are commuting from but if you are intending to drive to clane via Celbridge then thats a nightmare, the traffic into Celbridge is brutal in the evenings and moves very very slowly.

I was looking at a 3 bed semi house over the weekend that was around the €320 - €325K mark. Thought it was a tad high but what can you do. It's not down the prices are going. I'm not commuing to the city anyway so traffic won't be an issue for me.
I thought I read somewhere that there was a new bus eireann nightlink or something running out that way at the weekends now. Maybe I was wrong!!
Are there any crappy areas in Clane? As it's a village really I wouldn't expect any ares to be worse than others really but I'm just wondering.

I rented an apartment there for almost a year. I loved it when I moved there first but it wasn't for me. Yes the traffic is an absolute nightmare. I still have to drive through it sometimes and I hate the journey. Also I remember a lot of boy racers revving cars really late at night but that may have just been where I was living.

Ballyman said:
I thought I read somewhere that there was a new bus eireann nightlink or something running out that way at the weekends now. Maybe I was wrong!!
Niterider bus

[broken link removed]

Back