Clanbrassil Street area?

messyleo

Hi there,

thinking of buying near this area - im a young, single girl and was wondering if it is reasonably safe, as i have heard some horror stories etc. i'm well able to look out for myself/be aware of the dangers etc. but i would be hoping to walk home late at night alone. it's only 10 minutes or so from harcourt street, so i figure i should be ok?? i've checked the area out at night and it looks quite empty etc. which could of course be more dangerous than throngs of people! searched teh forum, but there only seemed to be stuff on the cork street/dolphin's barn areas of D8 rather than round clanbrassil. thanks a lot

Hi Ive lived up the road from CLanbrassil St in Harolds Cross for the past 2 years and Its basically the same as living in the city centre. You are a two minute walk away from eveything you could want - shops, pubs restaurants, stevens green - so I would think if you were looking for somewhere central this could be good for you.

Its always busy around here with all the apartments on clanbassil st now. Ive walked home this way in the past and have always felt safe - Obviously no one should go wandering around anywhere (in town or otherwise) alone late at night, but certainly in the day time and the evening its grand.

However, given how bustling it is there is also ALOT of noise all the time and if you are buying an apartment beware that an awful lot of the other apartments will be rented out and may look quite shabby in years to come.

But apart from that if you get a nice place, then I would recommend this area.

I rented in various locations in and around clanbrassil street for nearly 6 yrs. never encountered any trouble.

I loved the area.

Have lived in a little cul de sac off clanbrassil street (Daniel Street) for a year recently and have found it very safe and very quiet. Would reccomend the area.