Clamped on Private Property by DCC Parking Services, How to Get Land Boundries Map?

Re: Clamped on Private Property by DCC Parking Services, How to Get Land Boundries Ma

Growing up in Dublin city centre, I can very distinctly remember the way that parking became a huge issue if you lived on a main road and had no private parking facilities.

From what OP posted, I gather that people choose to park in an area that they know they don't own but which does not seem to have any parking restrictions - yellow lines, pay and display parking areas.

It may be that DCC have or have'nt the authority to clamp cars parked in land that they own and which is clearly marked as private property but I suggest that perhaps at this stage the residents need to find somewhere else to park!

mf

Re: Clamped on Private Property by DCC Parking Services, How to Get Land Boundries Ma

I got a call from DCC and spoke to the person I had been emailing, he was very helpful. He's going to send my out a copy of the order from 1995, seemingly DCC have the rights to a stretch of 70 metres of the road.

Some residents (presumably the ones with private parking) had complained about the cars on the street, this was the only reason they looked into it, and then found the order.

The guy said the same situation occurred in a few other parts of the city also, he said I could certainly appeal my clamping.

So in theory there is still a patch of the street that is private property and can be parked on but I'd imagine competition would be fierce for the few spaces.

I'll let you know if the order from 1995 reveals anything, and thanks again for all your help with this.

Wow, I think Mf1 has given the best advice so far. Find somewhere else to park! Too complicated and messy for me.

Wow, I think Mf1 has given the best advice so far. Find somewhere else to park! Too complicated and messy for me.

I think it's a crusade at this stage, I have a feeling the OP won't give up so easily. I admire that.