claims on 1st Provsional

F

fling

Hi

I had a crash today on the N81. Not my fault, someone pulled out in front of me and couldn't stop in time as roads were wet and very slippy. Did a considerable amount of damage to the front passager lights & wheel.

Rang the insurance company straight away and was planning to make a claim on the other cars insurance but I'm on my first provisional and shouldn't have been driving by myself. Any advice?

A friend off mine rear ended someone on a motorway driving alone on a provisional licence and insurance paid out to the other party. Guard didnt even comment on it either.

in my experience half the battle is trying to get the other party to admit they were at fault.:D Has this happened?

Thanks for all the very useful comments!

Other party hasn't admitted liability. I was on the main road behind a van turning left. The other car was coming out from the same junction as the van was turning into and he waved her out. She didn't see me behind the van and pulled out anyway. I slammed on the breaks but hit her car as she was crossing my lane.

From what I've been told by the insurance company and the garage as I had right of way and she was causing an obstruction it makes her liable but I'd love to know what you guys think?

She wants to leave it and not get the insurance companies involved and just get our own cars fixed. My car is much worse off than hers but if we make a claims we'll both end up with huge premiums next year. Was thinking I might suggest she repair mine and I'll repair hers?

The insurance company are planning to put in the claim on my insurance and then look at whether to make a claim against her later as I need to get my car fixed / replaced ASAP.

I have to get back on to the guards today to see who they think was liable. I'd really appreciate any advice anyone out there has as I really can't figure out what the best plan is.

Sounds like she was at fault so let her pay to fix yours and fix her own!

She wants to leave it and not get the insurance companies involved and just get our own cars fixed. My car is much worse off than hers but if we make a claims we'll both end up with huge premiums next year. Was thinking I might suggest she repair mine and I'll repair hers?

Of course she doesn't want insurance involved , she caused the accident.... she is 100% at fault....

If she wants to leave insurance companies out of it then she will have to be willing to pay for both cars to be fixed. If i was you i would tell her that you are not willing to pay for your car to be fixed since you were not at fault. If she won't get both cars fixed then initiate proceedings with insurance company.

you dont want to hear this but it will probably be deemed 50/50 by a court.
bs i know but a judge would probably takee the position that you should have anticipated someone pulling out in front of you and were either not paying proper attention or going too fast for the conditions.

Went down the insurance route. They are going to process it on my insurance and look into claiming off her afterwards to speed the claim up. Guy in the garage reckons it's a write off in any case.

Any idea how long this will take?

if its a write off you should have a cheque withen 10 - 12 working days
Check if you have the use of a replaement vehicle under your policy

Back