Claiming Mileage??

J

jzd

Hi all i hope ive posted this in the right place? I know this topic has been discussed before but i just want to get some clarity for my own business.

I have a partnership in a small entertainment/events company. We have a commercial veichle (commercialtax/insurance) and its used by my partner ( as we live over 80 miles away from each other) to go to various venues/gigs.

I travel using my own car (private tax/insurance) and do bout 4000/5000 miles yearly for business use only. My car is a 2.3l petrol car. Is there anything i can claim ?? as im doing this milage soley for business purposes ??

havent got a clue bout this stuff!!! Thanks for your help
Gerry

You are entitled to expense business mileage (and subsistence) in the accounts. The rate should be in line with Revenue approved amounts (civil service rates). You should keep records of business trips to support any expense claims made from the company.

Does this make sense? Your accountant (if you have one) should be able to advise further.

Note that you can only claim mileage from the partnership/company-there are no other allowances available from Revenue etc.

Another impact of pay freezes, cuts etc., in PS having a direct knock on affect to the private sector. I have been using my own car for work and claiming the civil service mileage so assume I can only now claim the 25% reduced rate for this mileage

Only employees can claim the Revenue approved mileage rates and subsistence.

If you are self employed or in a partnership you need to calculate the full cost of your motor travel based on your business mileage and Capital Allowances.

Check with your accountant.

Only employees can claim the Revenue approved mileage rates and subsistence.

If you are self employed or in a partnership you need to calculate the full cost of your motor travel based on your business mileage and Capital Allowances.

Check with your accountant.

I stand corrected on my advice then as I'm not familiar with partnerships, but do note that the OP refers to 'a partnership......in a company' and so I'm not sure if they are referring to partnership in the legal sense....

Back