Claiming Hotel expenses due to Cancelled Flights

J

jerry2623

According to EU rules you are entitled to your hotel accommodation to be paid for while awaiting your cancelled flight.If you are caught overseas and your flight has been cancelled .The airlines are obliged by law to provide you with accommodation and meals until your cancelled flight has been reinstated or they have found an alternative way to get you home.You will need receipts for this

yeah, it's a great way to put the final nail in the coffin of the airlines ,many of whom were already in dire straits, most of whom are now losing millions every day - and all of them with no idea whether they'll survive.
This incredible law states that if you buy, say, a hundred euro ticket you can claim no-limit amount of expences even if the flight could not operate under the most extreme of natural disasters.
Still it's the law - so no matter how ridiculous , go for it guys , screw those airlines !

actually Nick, as one of those stuck in Europe I would not feel 1 bit sorry for my carrier (Aer Lingus). I received no notice by email / text / phone about the caancellation. Arrived at airport and was rescheduled out a week, have emailed them yesterday but no response so I won't be crying for them.....

Back