Claiming for Engagement Ring Damage

celtp

I've just lost the main stone in my engagement ring. The ring is covered under our house insurance. The ring is 17 years old but was expensive at the time. I don't have a valuation but have specified it on our house contents.

Our insurance policy stats that we don't need a valuation for items under 10K Euros. Will the insurance company pay out at the insured amount or will there be an issue?

Many thanks

Celtp

another thing to check on the insurance policy is if there was a "settings Clause"....i.e do you have to get the settings of the ring checked every year in order to validate your cover

there's a difference between having it specified on your house contents and having all risks cover.

having it specified on house contents simply tells insurer that there is one item of contents valued at €XX. The cover is only the perils specified in the policy applying to contents.

If you have lost a stone, then the ring needs to be under your 'all risks' section of the policy. get an estimate for replacement stone and submit to insurer if you have all risks cover. with some insurers, once a valuation was produced first day, then there is no need to get another valuation of the item. With others, you will need a current valuation.