Home Claim under house insurance

Tessi

Hi I got my shower fixed through a Triton service engineer. It took no more that two minutes. The Frozen pipes caused the pressure to push up and out the outlet pipe below the pump. The engineer put it back in place. He charged us €70 saying the cause of the problem wasn't covered under the warranty because it was caused by frost. He said we could claim under our house insurance. Does anyone know if there is an excess with FBD Insurance and has anyone claimed small amounts before from their insurance company.

It doesn't say anything about an excess. Perhaps then there isn't any excess. It states what is insured and not insured and the sums insured for so I guess it would also state it if there was an excess.

Tessi ...You are best to phone FBD customer service as they will have all your insurance details. Most home insurance policies would have an excess typically €200+ upwards. You can however pay a higher yearly premium covering you against excess costs which you may have done.

If the claim is €70.00 it will be below your excess.

I would be of the view that you would be better of forgetting about making a claim.

Hi I got my shower fixed through a Triton service engineer. It took no more that two minutes. The Frozen pipes caused the pressure to push up and out the outlet pipe below the pump. The engineer put it back in place. He charged us €70 saying the cause of the problem wasn't covered under the warranty because it was caused by frost. He said we could claim under our house insurance. Does anyone know if there is an excess with FBD Insurance and has anyone claimed small amounts before from their insurance company.
Most insurance Policies will have an access applied and if you claim for such a small amount it could affect your no claims discount Most insurance excess amounts are greater than €70.00 and you would not recieve and money back

Back