Civil summons

citydaisy

Hi all

quick query - have issued a civil summons against ex - employer who offered €4000 to drop an employment tribunal case in May and still hasn't paid.

our solicitor is also culpable having failed to take up the liberty to re-enter the tribunal when he did not pay up in time.

the case is due up shortly, but we will be unable to attend. can we tell our solicitor he has to attend and represent us? what happens if the ex-employer does not show up? and finally, the real question is - can we say to our solicitor he should pay us the money and chase the ex-employer himself and then we don't go to the law society for his mis-representation?

after all this time and knwing the ex-employer has plenty of money we are not prepared to accept installments either - whats the case there?

getting fed up of all this after two years.....

can we say to our solicitor he should pay us the money and chase the ex-employer himself and then we don't go to the law society for his mis-representation?

I feel sorry for a solicitor who has a client like you.

really? feel sorry for a solicitor who charges, recommends you take the offer, then does not take liberty to reenter a tribunal leaving you in limbo, unable to go back to the tribunal because he did not do his job? after you waited 18 months for the hearing in the first place.

if you look at the previous post I wrote on this in June you may get a better idea of the whole story (search for my post)

we took other advice and were advised we were misrepresented.

i don't know about you but if I did not do my job properly I would get the boot. we are paying him to represent us, not do what he feels like.

Did you give instruction to your solicitor to re-enter? What's his/her explanation?

is your employer the owner of a big golf hotel and conference centre by any chance?

No James, hes not.

Court case is today and we found out yesterday the company is being liquidated - something we also told our solicitor he was planning on doing back in May, and were more or less told 'no hes not'.

6.45 in the morning and I am looking up information on preferential creditors...how sad is that, don't hold out much hope for today.