Citypark, Citywest

pinkie123

Did anyone else go to see these at the weekend. I think they are incredibly overpriced!
€385 for a decent 2-bed. This area has really ballooned in price in last year or so because of the luas. I think that is the only reason they can charge such prices in an development a stones throw from fortunestown halting site. And they claim the luas will get you into town in 30 minutes!
Impossible - it takes 30 mins from the red cow stop as it is which is miles away.
Does anyone think they are very overpriced?

Also took a look at them, they are well overpriced considering you could buy a second hand one in existing estates such as Carrigmore for around 325K for a 2 bed! I have friends who have just moved out of City West and they used to get the Luas from Tallaght which took 50-55 mins to get to town, sometimes over an hour so I cannot see where they are getting the notion of 30 mins from.

We considered buying one and were going to hold out until prices were released - thank god we didnt - we bought in kildare instead.

That 30 minutes claim is a nonsense. Citywest is not designed for people who want to commute daily into the city anyway, there are massive centres of employment in SW Dublin.

385k seems pricey alright. No way you would get a 2 bed in Carrigmore for 325k though. They are guiding at 325k , so you can add on another 20k + Stamp duty. Which, come to think of it, doesnt leave you too far off 385 really.

Citywest is going to go the way of Sandyford, i.e. up in price. I think its one of the few places that offers FTBs of apartment type properties a bit of insulation against a possible market downturn.

New Forum for any CityPark, City West Residents

Hi

Just wanted to let anybody know that is planning to live in City Park, City West to go to the following website www.neighbours.ie its has been set up to allow people to communicate with each other on the development of their new home. City Park has been set up by myself and I am hoping that others join soon.

Regards
Amy