City break - Malmo & Copenhagen

Lindy

Hi, I am going to Copenhagen and Malmo for a 5 night break over the October Bank Holiday weekend. Got very cheap flights with Ryanair!

I have been doing research on hotels and was wondering has anyone stayed in the First Vesterbro Hotel in Copenhagen or the Ramada Mayfair in Malmo? I can get good prices on both through my ufirst account with Ulster Bank. Would love to stay in the marriot as recommended in a previous thread but not sure the budget would stretch that far!!!

The reviews I can find on the First Vesterbro are very mixed which is why I am a tad bit reluctant to book. Most other hotels in Copenhagen seem to get bad reviews on Tripadvisor too.

If anyone has been to Copenhagen and can recommend a good city centre hotel that would cost about €130 - €150 a night for a double room that would be great.

Any tips on things to do in either city would be great also!

Thanks

stayed in copenhagen last janurary. had originally booked the vestebro but cancelled when we saw a great deal on the marriott. try them, it may not be as dear as you would think!

I'll keep a look out for deals on the Marriott. Is it close to all the cities attractions?...mainly interested in a hotel near restaurants and pubs!

I wouldn't go near the First Vesterbro. I got stuck there for two nights during the SAS pilots' strike earlier this year.

The room was just a room, the staff were scarcely civil. As dinner was being paid for by SAS, we went down the first night. It was virtually inedible. So bad that we went out and paid for dinner ourselves the following night. Neither would we eat breakfast in the place after our first dinner experience.

I'll keep a look out for deals on the Marriott. Is it close to all the cities attractions?...mainly interested in a hotel near restaurants and pubs!
If you're referring to Mariott Copenhagen, then yes - it is just a few minutes walk to Tivoli Gardens & other attractions. Nyhaven is 10-15 minutes walk. The water bus pulls up just beside the hotel.

Hi maybe it would be helpfull for you to visit the webpage of visitcopenhagen. dk
Copenhagen is a very small city and no matter what hotel you chose it would be near all the sites. Vesterbro is wery close to tivoli as well.
If you are interestet in kultur and art i have many recomandations?
Always take the boattrip on the kanals - it is cheap and you get at good wiew on not only the atractions but also on what to do next.

If you are more interestet in a good bed to sleep in, then a full service hotel i would recomend a bed and brekfast. That would be around 41 GBP and in Denmark (and Sweden) it will be high standdard - just not luxurious.