city break in March

Was in Rome march last year and very good walking around weather. Quite warm running around weather though as I found with 26.2 miles of cobblestones.
I think more romantic than Barca even if you have been there before. Would also agree with Nice at that time of year if you travel up to Monaca and down to Cannes while ure there.
R

Would agree with poster about Brugge being beautiful and romantic, and Ghent is another town nearby which is well worth a visit...Brussels makes a different but interesting stop too...

but would strongly advise if you're flying to Brussels, go with aer lingus instead of ryanair...whenever I went I paid a few extra euro but you save so much of of your time.

Ryanair you have to wait for a bus to bring you to Chaleroi train station and then probably get a train to Bruxelles and transfer to another train to Brugge/ghent... this can sometimes take a while... sometimes.

Aerlingus - the train is underneath the airport and you can either get a direct train or change at bruxelles...

But I would defninitely go with Aer Lingus instead. I think the train station at the airport is better serviced than chaleroi train station... so you should have more frequent trains on the way in and back out.

If I were going away for say 3-5 days, I'd stay terre ferme and head to the G hotel in Galway where we went for our 1st anniversary. We went for a suite and it was fab..huge room, bathroom, plasma, slippers..the works. It had just opened too and we met Philip Treacy who designed the place. Trips into town for sea food, Connemara, Salthill etc. No airports etc etc.

No connection with the place whatsoever but heading back this year for the 2nd anniverary and prob gonna make it our annual location.

HTH

Firefly.