City break in Feb. - suggestions welcome

Josey Wales

Hi,

Thinking of booking a city break somewhere in Europe in Feb. 2008 for two people. Only problem is I don't know where I'd like to go.

Anybody been to Germany that could recommend a good city there? Or is Prague a good place?

We don't mind if it is cold as it is likely to be cold in most of Europe at that time anyway.

Thanks.

Prague is gorgeus - heading with my mum in April, Lisbon I believe is amazing - heading to Venice next week another fab city I was told..
But so far for me Paris has to be the most amazing place to visit...

Prague is very nice but I hear it's getting more expensive over the last couple of years. I've been on similar trips to Riga, Vienna and Bratislava around that time of year and they were all good also.

Thanks for the replies. I agree about Paris. It is really nice at that time. Was there two years ago in February for a concert. Might look at Vienna and see whats there.

Just remember prices will probably be at a premium in Paris at that time - it being the city of love around Valentines!

I love Madrid and Barcelona. They aren't too expensive if you go where the locals go as opposed to the tourist traps for food and drink.

It seems that Ryan Air don't fly to Vienna so I am looking into Berlin now. I've heard it's nice.