Citroen Grand C4 Picasso

PebbleBeach2020

I'm thinking if buying this. Either 2017 or 2018. I think they were renamed Grand C4 Spacetourer but nothing within the car changed.

Do not know much about cars. Bit weary of buying a French car though, reliability etc. Anyone got one or know what's what with cars. Three kids do looking for space in back for seats etc. Thanks.

Last edited:
I owned a Citroen C4 which is basically the same model as the Picasso. It died a death after about 30,000 kms. Driving along the road, the engine would just cut out. Even the Citroen mechanics who I brought the car to, could not guarantee me that they could find the fault or fix it. I was told I could spend €1000 on it with no guarantee that it would not continue to give problems again. Lots of people online complaining of similar issues.
I have driven Peugeot with no problems.

French cars are better than they used to be (do cars breakdown any more?). Citroen and Peugeot are out of the same stable (PSA) and share engines, parts etc . . I have a 2018 Grand Picasso from new and so far no problems, the touch screen is a bit pants but it is nippy, spacious (3 full size independent middle row seats), versatile and cheap to buy and run. It has a 5 year warranty and unless it breaks my heart I'll probably hold on to it till it's nearly 8 (before 3rd NCT). Mazda was probably the best make I ever had.

Have a 2017 Grand Picasso, great car - our previous 2 had been Renault Grand Scenic which had a few technical gremlins (more so the mk2 scenic than the mk3). No problems at all with the Citroen and it's a pleasure to drive (though some of that is down to being an automatic), also has a 5 year warranty. We have 3 teenagers and they have loads of space in the back.

Also have the CGP and it's great to drive and loads of space just check the aircon works before you buy as I missed that when I purchased and only noticed after 6 month warranty ran out.

Back